Friday, April 18, 2014

Follow Friday - Genealogy Certification Blog

For the "Follow Friday" blog theme I would like to recommend Jill Morelli's blog "Genealogy Certification: My Personal Journal." Jill writes about her educational process as she prepares for certification through the Board for Certification of Genealogists.

I met Jill through the  ProGen Study Groups and enjoyed getting to know her a little better at the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy last January. On her blog she sometimes posts her thoughts about the ProGen Study Group assignments, but generally focuses on what she has learned as she studies and prepares to submit her BCG portfolio. As a genealogy education blogger, I appreciate her posts on the conferences and institutes she has attended. It is interesting to hear her perspective.

Jill has a series of posts on the elements of the Genealogical Proof Standard:
GPS Element #1: Thorough Search 
GPS Element #2: Informative citations
GPS Element #5: Writing your conclusions

Another one of my favorite posts is: 
What is “Context” Anyway?

I hope you enjoy reading her blog as much as I do.
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment